Monday, 27 September 2010

Installing Daibanchou -Big Bang Age-


This is the game I'm currently preoccupied with: Daibanchou -Big Bang Age- made by AliceSoft.
Like their other famous game, Sengoku Rance, Daibanchou is a turn based strategy/eroge hybrid, offering many hours of playtime.
Thanks to recently completed english translation patch the game is now gaining interest with western gamers and thus making newbies raise many annoying questions, such as "where do I get the game?", "how do I patch it?", "why it's not working?", "how do I sex with the ladies? ;_;".
Being such a great guy myself, I've decided to write a short guide of how to install and patch Dibanchou -Big Bang Age-.


Step 1: Getting the game.
 Yeah, I'm not going to post links. Buy it or whatever. Even a monkey with a web browser should be able to figure this out. Here's a hint: [18禁ゲーム] [031219] [Alicesoft] 大番長-Big Bang Age- (MDF+MDS+rr3)

Step 2: Changing system locale.
 Before installing the game, make sure your system locale is set to Japanese.

For Windows XP:
Click the Start button, then Control Panel.
Click Regional and Language Options.
In the Regional and Language Options control panel, click the Advanced tab.
In the Language for non-Unicode programs section, choose Japanese and click OK.
You may need to restart your PC for changes to take effect.

For Vista/Windows 7
Click the Start button, then Control Panel.
For Windows Vista click Clock, Language, and Region then Regional and Language Options. For Windows 7 - Region and Language.
Click the Administrative tab, and then, under Language for non-Unicode programs, click Change system locale, change it to Japanese and click OK.
You may need to restart your PC for changes to take effect.


Step 3: Installing the game.
  Burn or mount the game image, click Setup.exe.

Step 4. Downloading and applying the english translation patch.


 Go to http://bmw.seiha.org/viewtopic.php?t=322 download the patch and follow instructions.\
Now you're ready to play.

Q: What is the difference between the original 2003 release and the Budget (Economy) release of 2009?
Budget release is the same game, but without manual and other bonus stuff. There is no "updated graphics", 800x600 or other crazy shit I hear people lie about. Patch will work with both versions.

12 comments:

  1. Thanks a ton! I'm really looking forward to this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yea great guide for people who had problems installing this game or don't speak Japanese.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have been meaning to try this, it's just sitting on my HD haha

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sure Applocale doesn't work?

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Gntlmn
    It should work, but I find it too much of a hassle to setup it for every japanese game I'm playing. I'd just set system locale to jap, and forget about it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh boy, I've seen this, but I still have basics to finish like F/SN. Looks good though!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm really enjoying it so far.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I patch the game and it shows the alicesoft into and goes black. That link to the guide is also not working.

    ReplyDelete